Join PCU’s Group Health & Life plan today and take control of your healthcare. Live your best life with access to the best medical care and comprehensive coverage, including a wide range of preventative care services and wellness support programs at an affordable price.
Benefits of PCU's Group Health Plan
The Medical Provider Network: Starting June 1, 2023, you can access over 360 quality healthcare providers nationwide with less out-of-pocket costs and less paperwork. The medical providers will instead be responsible for submitting claims for reimbursement.
Major Medical Benefit Enhancement: Members aged 71 to 99 can now enjoy a six-year renewable benefit period, instead of a Lifetime Major Medical benefit maximum of $500,000. This means your coverage will not terminate if fully utilised.
Direct Reimbursements: For healthcare providers outside the Medical Provider Network claims are required to be submitted under the existing reimbursement mode. PCU now deposits reimbursements for claims directly to your PCU savings account, making it easier and faster for you to get paid.
Medical Support Services: GENESIS provides a dedicated Medical Support Services team directly to consult with health care professionals and institutions to ensure effective management of your pre-certification and claims settlement.
Resubmission Window: For claims requiring additional information, you can now resubmit these within 90 days – the industry standard is 45 days.
Joining is Easy!
- Select the coverage that best suits your needs and complete the Group Health Form – Group Health Form Part 1 and the Beacon Enrolment & ACH Form. Please note: Members who are adding children to the plan must complete a Group Health Form – Part 1, for each child. To facilitate speedy processing of your application please include supporting documents such as birth certificate(s), marriage certificate, common law (cohabitational relationship) certification, legal guardianship papers and proof of tertiary level education for dependants over 18 years of age (as applicable).
- Submit completed forms and supporting documentation to Member Services Representatives at any branch of Police Credit Union.
- Pay two advance payments of your monthly premium.
- PCU will contact you when your application to join the plan is approved.
Joining our group health plan is a smart financial decision. You can be part of a community committed to helping each other stay healthy and with access to a wide range of medical services and wellness support programs, you and your loved ones will have everything you need to thrive.
For more information on PCU’s Group Health & Life plan please email your questions to [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: All medical costs (if applicable) will be borne by the member wishing to join the plan.
The premiums are as follows:
Major Medical Max. – $1,000,000
- Member only – $264.07
- Member plus one dependent – $454.12
- Member plus family – $678.82
Major Medical Max. – $500,000
- Member only – $369.33
- Member and one dependent – $686.96
How to submit a
Medical Claim form
Members can submit their medical claim forms by
following the simple steps below.
N.B Claims would be adjudicated within two (2) weeks. Once this is completed you would be contacted by a Member Services clerk to collect your cheque.
Claims MUST be submitted within 3 months of the date expenses were incurred. Submission after this period would result in the non-payment of the claim.